Goal amount for this year: 1520 USD, Received: 1530 USD (101%)
Donate to support this site...
I believe our eschatology is very important. It along with our ecclesiology is the point at which our theology touches the real world.
For example I feel that much of the decay of morals in society today can be traced to the pessimistic outlook of Disp. and the structure of American government comes in large part from the Post Mill Covenant theology of the Puritans.
With this in mind over the last few months I have been trying to work out the inconsistencies my own views. I think I might now have an optimistic biblically solid system. For lack of a better term call it Post mill NCT.
At the risk of sounding like a end times nut I would like to post a summery along with some supporting scriptures to see how many holes the great minds here can punch in it.
1. The core of the New Covenant is Gods free Grace to his people. Eph 2:4-7, Jer. 31:34B, Heb 9:18,Gal 2:21
2. This free Grace paid for by Christ’s blood results in among other things our sharing grace (God’s and ours) with others. 2nd Cor 8:7, Phil 2:1-13, 1 John 4:7-12
3. The Kingdom of Heaven is equivalent to a society based on this Grace (God’s and ours). Luke 4:18-19,Matt 5:5,Luke 6:27-36
4. This Kingdom stands as a contrast to the kingdoms of the world that are based on law and force. Matt 5:14, John 18:33-37, Matt 20:25
5. The enemies of God always resist the coming of this Kingdom and persecute us. Luke 6:22-23, Matt 10:35-36, 1st Peter 4:12-19, Phil 3:10
6. Our testimony in the face of percussion is a sign of the truth of the Gospel and spreads the news of God’s kingdom of Grace even further and faster (the blood of martyrs is seed). Matt 10:19,1Pet 1:6-7, Rev 12:11
7. The New Covenant Community of grace was destined to start very small and in spite of percussion grow through the power of God to envelope the Cosmos eventually replacing the rebellious kingdoms of this world. Matt 13:31-33, Eph 1:9-10, Col 1:5-6, Acts 2:35, Dan 2:35, Zec 9:10
There it is. Which points do you agree or disagree with? I look forward to everyone’s comments
Peace and Grace
Tags for this Thread